Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Inspiration

So I am pretty much obsessed with art, design ... and not only seeing it, or getting better at it, but finding new artists and resources to inspire me. I've already purchased a large number of books that are just amazing eye candy to me. I also subscribe to art/design magazines and read blogs and internet articles, blah blah blah. All these things are such an inspiration and anytime I am stuck on what to do, I can flip open a page in one of these books or magazines and something I see will spark a new idea in my head.

So, to get to the point of this blog, I recently found an artist, Linda Zacks, that just struck me as absolutely amazing. Talk about an inspiration overload! So I decided to write a little blog about her because she's that good.

I am in love her work and style. She's an illustrator and graphic designer and mixes the two in the most rad way. Every one of her pieces have so much expression, power and voice - exactly what art is intended to do.

I wanted to upload some samples of her art, so enjoy what's below ... because I know it excites me.
All images copyrighted by Linda Zacks

Also, check out her website at:
http://extra-oomph.com/newoomph/













No comments: