Wednesday, July 9, 2008

An update

Wow, I haven't blogged since .... March I believe. And it is now July 10th. Today is a slower day at work (for the first time in a LONG time) and so I thought I should write an "update" blog.

So, Tommy, Jeff and I had an amazing time in Europe. We left April 30 and came back May 14. I will upload some pictures really soon. It was wonderful to go back home...it always is. I will write a separate blog entry telling all about our trip.

Other than that, I have been so busy at work, laying out the paper, making ads and designing Flipside on top of that. I just had my "one year anniversary" here and for the most part I really enjoy my job. It has its crappy, monotonous "i wanna quit this job" days, but when I step back and look at what I have created, I'm thankful and happy to have the opportunity to do this. I get to do what I like to do and get paid for it! It's certainly not the best paying job, but really, right now all I want is a foot in the door, some credible experience, and a sweet resume with lots of portfolio pieces. I'm learning new things everyday ... I think I can troubleshoot just about any file issue now, and I can work Photoshop in my sleep. Haha. And I just love art and design ... it's definitely what I want to do for the rest of my life. Nonetheless, I'm glad I'm making a little step towards having my dream job and I am having fun.

I decided to post the past few months' Flipside covers, since the last one I posted is from March!















No comments: