Friday, March 14, 2008

roller skating

Photobucket

Last night we went on a little adventure to Orem - to go classic skating. I was so excited to go, because I hadn't been in 5 or 6 years at least. So Jeff, Tommy, Ricky and I laced up our skates and joined the mad circus on the roller-rink. We were probably 4 out of the 10 people that were at least over 16. But it was great - the floating feeling and smooth sensation under your feet as the wheels take you across the surface. I enjoy that, it's similar to that high I get when I'm ice skating. (although I will always prefer ice skating because it's something I have always loved and I have way more control using my edges). Anyway, so they have these disco lights, and strobe lights - it's absolutely crazy! How is anyone supposed to be able to skate and not run into someone when you only see every 3rd second that you're skating? It's a recipe for disaster. We all had many close calls, but luckily none of us biffed it. Ricky only knocked over some little girl - that was the extent of any accidents.
The only downside to this experience was realizing how disturbing today's youth is! (Weird place for such a realization?) Seriously - we were appalled at all of the little 11 year-old girls with caked-on make up and hair puffed to the sky, wearing c-cup bras and skimpy little clothes making out with their little boyfriends. Everywhere we looked, there they were - future little sluts and slut-banger-boys groping each other. We are not a real conservative bunch, but we noticed how weird (and scary) it looked to see these little kids acting like 25 year olds on MTV. I just don't remember anyone behaving like that when we were their age.
So, enough ranting about crazy kids and how our future society will be out of control. Bottom line, we had fun last night and I love rollerskating. Next time we go will be disco night, where the age limit is 16 and up! Haha. The end.

No comments: