Thursday, March 13, 2008

What is a blog?

Hello blog! (and of course anyone who is reading this) So this is my first entry, and a naive step into the world of blogging. This whole blog thing prompted me to ask, what IS a blog anyway? What does the word 'blog' mean and where does it come from? So the knowledge hungry person that I am decided to do some research. Dictionary.com says:
Part of Speech: n; an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; also called Weblog, Web log
Example: Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.
Etymology: shortened form of Weblog
Usage: blog, blogged, blogging v, blogger n

Ahhh.. this totally makes sense. Ok, so I probably didn't need dictionary.com or any formal definition to tell me what the f*** a blog is, because it's rather self explanitory, but ... what the heck, it's a great first entry to ease my way into this web of logs.

I look forward to having this little online 'notepad' of random things I decide to post, so keep your eyes peeled, your mind ready to think, and your ears ready to listen!

No comments: